Saturday, August 31, 2013

Feeling words

Can we measure understanding?
It's one thing to memorize a formula or quote or poem; it's entirely another to internalize it, to feel it, and to act habitually – unthinkingly – based on those principles you feel deep down.

"If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present."

"You are the music while the music lasts."

These are ideas I feel that I have internalized and am able to apply appropriately to my state of mind – and yet, others I know who are aware of these principles, these simple words, cannot feel the same overflowing happiness inside me. I wish I could radiate the depth of what I feel so they could experience this endless well of joy, calm, peace...

"To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate in what you say.