Thursday, May 15, 2014

woodwork

I'd like to know more people who make silence so enjoyable. more people who can feel their surroundings so closely, be touched by the subtleties.

prayer keeps me grounded, anchors me to this calm paradise, self-discovered. it wouldn't hurt to know someone who could also taste this peaceful quiet too, though. you must create your own happiness before others can enrich it.

--

serendipitous encounters with kind strangers who show me their condo and drive me to my place to stay.

the woodworker who puts "all his love" into his work – his amazing work that takes what we discard and turns it into masterpieces. this man, an inspiration.

--

a perfect place for quiet thoughts, reflection, independent exploration before the frenzy arrives for the summer. these next few days will be for recollection, calm, growth;

peace, subtleties, yearning, loss – it's trapped inside this container that is me, this container that grows smaller the more time I spend interacting with others, but bigger the more time I spend by myself. or is it the other way around?

kind strangers' freshly minted words bandage my bleeding cuts; but the people I know, the ones who don't say what I wish they would, that hurts the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate in what you say.